Fraxel Laser® Technology ActiveFX Resurfacing®
What is ActiveFX ‘fractional’ laser resurfacing?
Is ActiveFX right for you?
ActiveFX is ideal for you if you:
- Have a busy lifestyle or cannot be away from work for a long time
- Want noticeable results with minimal downtime
- Want to treat age spots, fine lines, wrinkles and skin laxity
What you can expect from ActiveFX?
Most physicians perform the procedure in the office with a topical anesthetic cream that is applied 30-40 minutes before the ActiveFX procedure begins. The procedure can also be performed with very light IV sedation. You can drive yourself home after the procedure if performed with topical or local anesthesia.With a gentle washing and moisturizing regimen, your photo damaged skin will begin to flake off within 2 days. After about 3-5 days, your doctor will probably let you wear make-up. Pinkness should be gone in about a week.
ActiveFX treatment produces a younger and smoother skin:
- Causes immediate skin tightening
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Noticeably improves skin tone and texture
- Stimulates new collagen formation and plumps the skin
- Improves sun and age spots
The results of ActiveFX laser treatment are long-term and, with proper sun protection, can persist for many years. Most effects of treatment become visible right away, whereas others such as new collagen formation, which leads to continued inner tightening build up gradually and become more evident over time. Therefore, most people look even better 3-5 months after the procedure. While some patients benefit from a single treatment multiple treatments will produce a more dramatic rejuvenation.
Call Dr. Niamtu for a comprehensive consultation if you feel the new technology is an option for you.